Epic Content Marketing
By Sarah Zane
Traditional marketing means drowning out the voice of your competitors to speak about your product and snag sales. This approach isn’t working anymore. Instead, the forward-thinking marketer is focused on reaching their audiences by providing useful information and tools through content marketing. Rather than trying to cut through the noise, marketers work to create and deliver dynamic content that clients and prospects actually want to consume.
In Epic Content Marketing, marketing expert Joe Pulizzi explains how to create extraordinary content that readers want to engage with that will drive sales. Here are the six key principles of epic content you’ll find inside this book:
1. It fills a need. Content should fill an unmet need or answer a question your members have. Epic content is useful to readers above and beyond what you offer them through the products and services at your credit union.
2. It communicates consistently. Your content should be consistent in quality and delivery. If your members have signed up for a weekly or monthly newsletter, it’s imperative that you deliver as promised.
3. It has a unique human voice. Epic content published by your credit union should have a unique and personalized voice. That voice can take on any personality as long as it resonates with your company culture and is consistent across all your content.
4. It expresses a point of view. Content does not have to be dry in order to deliver. Don’t be afraid to share a point of view or take sides on matters that can position your credit union as an expert in the field.
5. It omits all “sales speak.” Overtly promotional content makes readers want to leave the page. Instead, epic content shares information and tools the readers can use.
6. It highlights your brand as an authority and delivers the best of its breed. Content should emphasize your organization’s expertise in your line of business and should ultimately earn the distinction of being the best source for information in that area. As a credit union, this translates into delivering quality financial content until your members turn to you as the de facto source for all matters financial.
In today’s digitized world, generic ads no longer work. Increase member engagement and attract new members by creating and delivering epic content your readers want to consume.