Final Schedule TBD
Tuesday, November 12
Pre-Conference Optional add-on: Social Media Certification: The Crash Course
Teach your kids a thing or two when you get home. Learn answers to the following questions and more:
How do I harness the potential of Facebook? What can I do to increase engagement?
- What types of posts get the best engagement? And why?
- What can I be doing in under 5 minutes per day to increase engagement on FB?
- What ways can I learn about my audience to better serve them?
- How can I share financial education in a way people want to like and share it?
What should I be doing on Instagram to increase followers and engagement? How do I...
- Increase followers on Instagram?
- Use IG Stories and what should I be doing on them?
- Post in a way that doesn't pose reputational risk?
- Increase membership among millennials and upsell other products among first-timers in a way that feels native to the platform?
How can I build a meaningful connection with my members on Instagram? How do I...
- Create posts that increase engagement?
- Share personalized content to enhance member relationships?
- Capitalize on user generated content?
- Use Stories to generate a 'behind the scenes' connection with members?
And Twitter! I need to tackle this platform, how do I...
- Repurpose content from other platforms for Twitter in seconds per day?
- Use hashtags strategically to increase engagement?
- Use strategic partnerships to efficiently spread our message?
- Avoid reputational risk while maintaining a dialogue?
General Questions, how do I...
- Use one piece of content across all platforms in a relevant way
- Feel confident knowing all of the unspoken norms, rules, and best practices for each platform? I don't want to do something wrong!
- Communicate to my leadership team the ways that we're guarding against reputational risk
- Harness the fundamentals I know in this new social media world to get past the 10k follower mark (even for a small CU) to be the marketing Hero I know I am?
Lunch is included. Local neighborhood favorite delivery!
Early Bird: $599
Regular Admission: $799
Conference Registration Opens
The State of Credit Union Marketing
Based on extensive research, this 45-minute session gives you a clear picture of what credit unions throughout the US are doing, what’s working, what trends they’re seeing and how they’re responding to stay ahead of the curve. You’ll get an executive summary of the published report, as well as key takeaways you can immediately implement at your credit union.
Augmented Reality & Video: A Game-Changer for credit union marketing
Consider this your introduction to Augmented Reality; what it is, how it works and how you can use it to bring your credit union's marketing efforts to an entirely new level.
Perlow Productions' President Mike Perlow will discuss specific video applications for credit unions and present use cases featuring AR deployments by Dell EMC, Perlow Productions itself and other regional and global brands. Client-facing activations such as direct mail, tradeshow experiences and AR-enabled websites will be featured. Attendees will have the opportunity to use/experience Augmented Reality during the session and ask questions about it. This session will show the great potential of AR and how it is already being used to disrupt the conventional communication model of today.
Attendees are encouraged to download the PERLOW AR app to their mobile device from the App Store or Google Play Store before or at the start of the session.
Wednesday, November 13
Breakfast / Registration Opens
The Pareto Principles of a Modern Website
The “Pareto Principles” are extremely useful for determining which areas of your website to focus your efforts on and resources to achieve maximum ROI. Utilizing the 80/20 rule, marketing teams need to focus on the critical 20% of actions that will produce 80% of the results. Winning online is not about how much you do, but what you do and how fast you can do it. After all, intensity will always beat extensity when so many options are available. Learn powerful strategy nuggets, tools, and techniques to put your online business on a fast-track, including SEO, CRO, UX, content marketing, analytics, and psychology.
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Use data to spot and understand the key Internet trends in your market
- Narrow your focus on your key website conversion goals and metrics
- Leverage the High Value Asset (HVA) model to prioritize your calls-to-action
- Build your strategic content funnels, your success depends on it!
- Perform a quick, simple and action-oriented website audit to prioritize your strategies
- Design a winning SEO game plan that won’t break the bank
- Implement effective software tools and agile processes that will work for everyone at your organization
- Optimize your website for the common cognitive biases and conversion triggers to better position your offers
- Adapt to recent Google changes and position your strategy ahead of the evolving algorithm (and the competition!)
Social Media Marathon
In this engaging session, you’ll actually schedule daily posts from now through Jan 2, 2020! With access to a special CUcontent site exclusive to conference attendees, and licensing rights to 40 features and posts, you’ll have everything you need to take your social media to the next level. Best of all, once you schedule the posts, you’re set through the holidays!
Lunch & Networking
Mix it up--sit with someone you don't know! You'll get 3 questions to discuss with newly met credit union marketers, guaranteed to give you a fresh perspective, as well as new ideas, for your marketing! Using your HERO notebook, you can jot down notes as well as exchange contact info to keep the conversation going.
Track 1: Create your own video! You’ll not only learn how to create, promote, and achieve your goals through custom videos about your credit union, you’ll actually create a video in this session. Bring 10 photos relating to the credit union with you to the conference - on a smartphone, tablet or laptop and plan to return home with a video you’ll be proud to share with members.
Track 2: Create a video mindset! Advanced video marketing techniques.
Creating Mini Brand Evangelists
Happy members = sales. It’s not just someone wearing your free t-shirt. Learn how to create mini brand evangelists by using empathy and emotional intelligence.
Speed networking on the beach
5 minutes per contact. 1 question to ask and answer each person you meet. S/he who meets and networks with the most contacts is the winner!
Your Strategic Marketing Plan for 2020
Have you ever wondered what goes into a strategic marketing plan...or if yours is everything it needs to be? Join us for a session on strategic marketing, including a plan you’ll create just for your credit union during this session!
Dinner for CUcontent subscribers. Barbeque on the beach!
New signups welcome!
Thursday, November 14
Yoga on the Beach
Taking Your Member Experience to the Next Level
Evaluate YOUR OWN CREDIT UNION’S member experience, and walk out with a plan for improving it in a few easy steps.
You’ll perform a quick--but thorough--evaluation of the actual member experience at your credit union. Using a checklist created exclusively for this conference, you’ll walk out with a clear, written vision for your credit union. You’ll also have a prioritized list of what needs to be improved, and why, plus targeted ideas for quick and easy implementation.
Create Your Own Podcasts
Take your credit union’s marketing to the next level by creating and promoting your own podcasts. It’s easier than you think-- and you already have the tools at your fingertips!
Lunch & Networking
Another twist on networking, you'll meet as many people as possible in credit unions as similar to your own as possible.
Present your toughest questions to 6 marketing pros, and get answers!
Social Media 2.0: Stop Counting Likes and Start Getting Results!
Walk The Talk
Pick a partner. Take a 15-minute walk on the beach and talk about what's on your mind in terms of marketing. Share your notes, and what you've learned, on the Hero Message Board. The post with the most likes wins a prize!
Learn from the Best!
10-minute case studies featuring super successful marketing campaigns from credit unions across the U.S.
Surprise Fun Activity!
You don't want to miss this!
Friday, November 15
Breakfast & Review
What did you get from the conference? Let's keep the conversation going!